[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5835: Make clear.gif configurable

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Tue Dec 9 09:48:42 CET 2008

Hi Susanne,

Susanne Moog schrieb am 08.12.2008 20:12 Uhr:

> But it is documented that way or did I understand something wrong? If
> you set space.useDiv = 1 it should affect spaceBefore and spaceAfter, too:
>
> "Additional property:
>
> .useDiv = 1
>
> If set, a clear gif is not used by rather a <div> tag with a
> style-attribute setting the height. (Affects spaceBefore and spaceAfter
> as well)."

I'd swear tha last sentence wasn't there yesterday. But you're right:
its's documented, though not like it should be.

>  > IMHO it would be better to add useDiv to spaceBefore
>> and spaceAfter as it already is documented for space. It's easy to set
>> all three by using a constant. This would also be a nice place to
>> implement the compatVersion condition.
>
> So you want to have sth. like
> spaceBefore.useDiv = 1
> spaceAfter.useDiv = 1
> space.useDiv = 1 ?
>
> Is there really any usecase where it would make sense to set spaceBefore
> to div and leave spaceAfter as clear.gif? Just trying to get your
> meaning here.

I didn't use any of them for years now, so don't ask me for any use
case. If space had stdWrap properties spaceBefore and spaceAfter were
superfluous at all.

I think at least it's annoying that one property affects the behaviour
of another one. Although we can't change the way it's documented for
already released versions (implemented or not) it should be cleared up
in trunk and future documentation IMHO.

So here's my +1 for TYPO3_4-2 and probably TYPO3_4-1 (don't have TSref
4.1 at hand at the moment).

In trunk there should be useDiv property for spaceBefore and spaceAfter
as well IMHO. Or both be dropped in favour of adding stdWrap properties
to space.

>> I hope you're not too frustrated to try it with another patch version ;-)
>
> I am getting used to it ;)
>
> Thanks for reviewing and commenting, new patch to come soon.

I'm looking forward to it
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler