[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9863: [Feature] Adding sysext tsbrowser

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Dec 3 10:38:58 CET 2008

Uschi Renziehausen a écrit :

> Franz Holzinger wrote:
>> Dmitry Dulepov a écrit :

>>> Well, I see RealURL and TemplaVoila as a missing core feature but
>>> there are many people, who disagree with me and I understand why. I
>>> would not propose these two exts as sysexts. They are cool but not
>>> everyone needs them. So they should be in TER.
>>
>>> Sysexts are exts that are necessary or used by everyone, not just
>>> something cool.
>>>
>>> The less comes with core, the better.
>>
>> I also think that this is the best strategy. Many persons are rather
>> overwhelmed by too many features of TYPO3. It is better to try to get
>> a TYPO3-light than a TYPO3-xxl.
>>
> @Franz: Whether or not people will feel overwhelmened by one or more
> core features will entirely depend on how intuitive they are to use.
> This one is so clear and congruent with what you have with the TSConfig
> browser that I am sure people will not be puzzled once they see it. On
> contrary: It will help t3 beginners.

The normal users see too many features and modules of TYPO3.
Therefore it is the better way to reduce the features shipped by default
with TYPO3. I agree that everyone will then need to install some
extensions to be able to do a useful work with TYPO3. But this will be
very different for most persons!

A TYPO3 beginner will install different extensions than a TYPO3 expert.
A TYPO3 editor will install completely different extensions than a TYPO3
admin.
A TYPO3 user will install completely different extensions than a TYPO3
developer.
A fan of Templa Voilà will install completely different extensions than
a TypoScript fan.

Why bother a person from the left side with an extension used by a
person from the right side and vice versa?

Probably there should be found other ways to ship extensions which are
useful for one TYPO3 backend group and to tell them what is recommended
for them to use.

Most persons install phpMyAdmin, but it is not needed for many others
because they do not have the knowledge to use it. The same is with
TypoScript. Many TYPO3 users just copy the TypoScript from a document or
from a book without an understanding of it. It would be better to
improve the listings of extensions on the typo3.org site. Persons should
have it easier to find the extensions helpful for their needs.

- Franz