[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9863: [Feature] Adding sysext tsbrowser

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Wed Dec 3 09:10:40 CET 2008

Hi *.*,

@steffen: with a lot of clicks and in an unintuitive way.

>>> So in my eyes, it always was a missing *core* feature.
>>
>> Well, I see RealURL and TemplaVoila as a missing core feature but
>> there are many people, who disagree with me and I understand why. I
>> would not propose these two exts as sysexts. They are cool but not
>> everyone needs them. So they should be in TER.
>
>> Sysexts are exts that are necessary or used by everyone, not just
>> something cool.
>>
>> The less comes with core, the better.
>
> I also think that this is the best strategy. Many persons are rather
> overwhelmed by too many features of TYPO3. It is better to try to get a
> TYPO3-light than a TYPO3-xxl.

@Franz: Whether or not people will feel overwhelmened by one or more
core features will entirely depend on how intuitive they are to use.
This one is so clear and congruent with what you have with the TSConfig
browser that I am sure people will not be puzzled once they see it. On
contrary: It will help t3 beginners.

Uschi