[TYPO3-core] RFC #9095: xhtml in the backend by default

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Aug 1 02:41:24 CEST 2008

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk only

Type: pure cleanup

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9095

Problem: Well, if you look at the code of the BE classes, you see that
there are many places where the template.php class is instantiated and
then the xhtml doktype is set. as we all agreed to have xhtml as
default, let's set this as default in template.html and get rid of all
the lines that clutter our code to make it easier to read and to
"not-have-to-think-about-adding-this-line" when coding new stuff.

Solution:
Set the default in the switch/case to xhtml_trans and remove all the
occurences in the core where this is set manually.

Notes:
This does not change any functionality for anything in the core and if
extensions still use this flag, nothing changes for them as well, it
just makes the core code more readable and more compact in my eyes.

--
greetings,
benni.