[TYPO3-core] RFC #9094: Make simulate static a system extension

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Aug 16 01:29:41 CEST 2008

Hey Masi,

thanks for looking into it.

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Odd, that you need a new hook for config processing. Real URL doesn't
> need it.
Yeah, because there is this PATH_INFO option that you can use for
simulate static and that will stop the rendering if PATH_INFO is not
configured properly.

> One note to the hook: in tslib_fe you state that config processing is
> the point. Yet you pass only the parent object to the params array,
> which issn't necessary as it's passed along as second parameter anyway.
> I suggest you pass a reference to the conf array of the parent instead
> of the parent.
+1. Will take care of that.

> No, this has to go. Config does not allow subkeys as it will be merged
> with page.config (but not recursively).
Well, let's make config so that it allows subkeys then (see the post in
the same thread). we'll sort that issue out before we'll integrate this
patch.

> And please don't use "private", make it "proteced", so our XCLASS happy
> users stay happy.
Whoops. Wasn't indented, thanks for the pointer.

So, I'll take yours and Dmitry's suggestions and form a new patch once
we sorted the "recursive config" out.

--
greetings,
benni.