[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8152: Icons never created when noIconProc=0 and icon is present

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Apr 18 20:08:00 CEST 2008

Hi helmut,

"Helmut Hummel" <typo3 at jhpc.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1208540657.415.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Steffen,
>

> Unfortunately not that easy! The icon that is used for generating overlay
> is _not_ skinned icon. After applying the patch icon is generated, but
> looks the same...

i don't agree on one side. Without the patch the setting noIconProc doesn't
make sense because icons are never generated (because the icon files for the
states are present)

The remaining problem is that makeIcon don't respect the skinning API, this
is a remaining bug.
Anyway noIconProc is 1 as default so you have the static icons with this
setting.

I don't see any risk with this, i would go further and fix makeIcon to use
skinning files for icon generation

vg Steffen