[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8152: Icons never created when noIconProc=0 and icon is present

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Fri Apr 18 22:38:56 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> i don't agree on one side. Without the patch the setting noIconProc doesn't
> make sense because icons are never generated (because the icon files for the
> states are present)

Well, I don't agree, because, the way it is implemented, it is meant to be.
Maybe not very wise, but here we are. As I already mentioned in the other
thread, Skinning is done _after_ icon generation (which is wrong by concept).

> The remaining problem is that makeIcon don't respect the skinning API, this
> is a remaining bug.
> Anyway noIconProc is 1 as default so you have the static icons with this
> setting.
>
> I don't see any risk with this, i would go further and fix makeIcon to use
> skinning files for icon generation

It's hacking a wrong concept, which I would not do in RC2 state.

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut