[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8152: Icons never created when noIconProc=0 and icon is present

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Fri Apr 18 19:44:19 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> Problem:
> if you set noIconProc=0 so icons with flags should be created they never
> created if state icon is present.
>
> Reason is wrong if/else in t3lib_iconworks

Unfortunately not that easy! The icon that is used for generating overlay is
_not_ skinned icon. After applying the patch icon is generated, but looks the
same...

I don't think we can change this for 4.2, because it goes rather deep. As I
mentioned in the other thread, skinning is currently done _after_ all the icon
generation.

If we really want it to look good, the disabled, user etc. states and of course
the icons itself used for generating, must (in some way) come from t3skin.

So I come to the conclusion, that providing static icons is the way to go for
4.2 and then reworking the whole skinning stuff for 4.3

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut