[TYPO3-core] FYI: Icon for new_file.gif

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Apr 16 13:44:40 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

Dmitry,

> Yes, it is true. Discussing changes in HCI team/list does not mean that
> they are approved to commit by core team. The right to approve still
> belongs to core team and changes must be posted here. Read the rules!

So? We are core developers if you forgot, see the next point.

> And as I said, I veto "FYI"-style GUI changes.

What we could do on the other hand is to create an RFC for every single
icon and still get the necessary +1s anyway.
What you want is bureaucracy, and that's certainly nothing that we need.

> TYPO3 is not a system of
> two people, who can play with it. It was said many times: it is system
> with great commercial power and GUI changes must be taken with great care!

that's what we do. Non of these changes were two man decisions.

Also, I already tld you some time back that this is not always about
rules. Rules are good, but there must be situations were it is possible
to not stick to them by 101%. Otherwise people will loose the fun in the
project, this is certainly another point that we do not want.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner