[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7986: Vertical aligned Icons in List-Module

Peter Niederlag peter at niederlag.de
Wed Apr 9 09:22:24 CEST 2008

Hello,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
[...]
>> I'm really grateful that you guys take care of the UI. Yet I 'm worried
>> that you think of it as a playground that you can shift around as you
>> like. But you cannot!
>
> this is not the result of a playground. The listview atm looks terrible and
> will confuse editors more. What we did is not changing an ui, we aligned it
> with css, so it looks tidy. That makes it more easy for an editor to find
> the tools.
>
>> Many editors need training and in a commercial context you cannot allow
>> the UI to change every time. This will disturb editors, require additional
>> training which in turn will in turn be a problem for those in charge of
>> finance.
>
> we didn't changed any icon. We followed a proposal from Jens Hoffmann, who
> demonstrated his proposals a long time ago to the community. You find his
> prposal in BT.

We also talked about this in rather great detail at T3BOARD08 with quite
a few people. I am as well not 100% satisfied with the way it is done
now but we really need to settle this soon.

The thing that still bugs me most is that we now waste quite a lot of
space if the "extendes view" is not enabled since the controls will
still reserve the whole space. Other than that is seems at least way
better than before!

Of course, like always, there's still options for improvement in there,
like some JS for optimal resizing.

[...]

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag * Neuer Sandberg 9 * 31535 Neustadt *
Fon (privat): 05036 / 924 100 * Fon (Büro): 05036 / 924 101