[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7986: Vertical aligned Icons in List-Module

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Apr 8 22:12:09 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1207681565.7769.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> "Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb
>>> im Newsbeitrag
>>> news:mailman.1.1207673581.4938.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> screenshot as an example

>>  > for sure there are a lot of things that could be done. So there is the
>> idea
>>> for 4.3 to rewrite the list module.
>> We all have plans for many things, no doubt, but I was talking about the
>> here an now for a proposed change for 4.2. But as it is now it I'm not
>> entirely happy with it.
>>
>> I only suggested a way to enhance it, Dmitry suggested another.
>>
>>> I think at this point for 4.2 we have the maximum of makeable,
>> Why? Dmitry's and my proposal are way from impossible or even hard to do.
>>
> reason is that RC1 will be released this week

This is not a reason. We may have as many RCs as necessary until we fix major bugs. I think Ingo said it some time ago.

> this is not the result of a playground. The listview atm looks terrible and
> will confuse editors more. What we did is not changing an ui, we aligned it
> with css, so it looks tidy. That makes it more easy for an editor to find
> the tools.

Looking to it with fresh eye does not give good visual impression :(

>> So here's a -1 to allow UI changes in the 4.2.x branch in advance ;-)
>>
> please compare it with the actual list view.

Your screenshots are better than current list view. Much better. But they must be pushed a but further :) Just a bit ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team