[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6259 Disabling Tabs with no fields (does not work)

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Sat Nov 17 22:49:20 CET 2007

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> My first patch allowed to set (via the install tool) wheter an empty dynTab
> will get shown.
>
> but in a discussion we came to the conclusion it would not make sense to
> "enable a bug" --> show empty dynTabs.
>
> If you find any reason why it would make sense to show empty dynTabs please
> let us know.
>

> greets,
> Bernhard
Hi,

here is my example:

I have a table with about 8-10 tabs.

Contact Info | Post List | Post Address | Ball
Club 1 | Club 2 | Club 3
Bank Account | Donations

In the "Contact Info" I have some checkboxes which will activate some
fields. The problem is when empty tabs are removed, some tabs will
jupp... You also get the information, that somebody is in Club 1, Club 2
or Club 3.

In addition, I have developed "conditional required" (
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6173) fields, so you can realy build
buissness models with tables". And for that you sometimes want to see,
that a tabs is empty, but there are options which could be activate it.
  But until now there was a big interesst in it...)

If you set dividers2tabs = 2 in the TCA, so it is not generally change.
Only for a single table.

And the other point is, that the disabling was already implemented
before you changed it. The check for disabling did not work, because
there was/is a wrapper, which makes the activation impossible.
In your patch-request you forget to mention, that you can also disable a
field via $TCA displayCondition.

I hope, I could give you idea of what I wanted.

Cheers,

Malte