[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 1537: shortcut icon syntax incorrect/incomplete

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Sun May 20 11:11:15 CEST 2007

Am 20.05.2007 um 10:43 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

Hi Masi,

> mime_content_type() is deprecated and TYPO3 has already mime type
> guessing routines, although not in t3lib_div. It is not present in my
> 5.5.2 (testes with the CLI version).

this is exactly the problem I see. There's a method in
t3lib_htmlmail, how about moving it to t3lib_div and changing the one
in htmlmail to be a wrapper/pointer to the moved one in t3lib_div?
BTW: Did you mean the method in htmlmail or do you know of another one?

> Anyway if you think we should add the mime type we must provide a
> fallback - at least for .ico files.

If the webserver is configured properly this shouldn't be needed as
it then would return image/x-icon like recommended...

Ingo