[TYPO3-core] Getting an overview

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Tue Feb 13 09:03:47 CET 2007

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>
>>> Looks like there's 4 feature patches open at the moment. I guess that's
>>> doable until tonight, so we can release RC1 tomorrow morning. If the
>>> patches don't get in, I'm afraid they have to wait till 4.2.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>> Artifical pressure ;-) *
>>
>> I have a suggestion for the release of 4.2. We set an additional date for
>> our timeline: proposal freeze. After this date no patches for features are
>> to be proposed. Following this date allowing one or two weeks for review
>> we have the real feature freeze followed by one or two weeks of final bug
>> fixing.
>
> I have the feeling that our final spurt before 4.1RC1 wasn't that bad, so
> why should we change that?

Because we have always a rush of new features. In fact it's too me a
race between devs who will get his patches reviewed and who not. I'm
always a bit pissed if a patch of mine doesn't make it because of that.

Having an extra dead line doesn't change that, but it should at last
make sure that the very last patches get a review at least.

Masi