[TYPO3-core] RFC: What to do if reviews are not made?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Feb 1 13:20:32 CET 2007

Hi Stucki,

Michael Stucki wrote:
> I would like to start a discussion about that. How do you think can we solve
> this problem? Should we just let everyone commit directly? What about
> keeping the good quality in this case?

As an experiment we could allow one review to suffice for a commit for a
period of time and afterwards see how good or bad it went...

For some things I also quite like the 24h-no-objections -> commit style,
which IMHO makes sense for patches concerning parts the specific
developer knows most/much about (like Dmitry with workspaces, Oliver
with IRRE, Masi with charset issues, me with mm relations, etc.).

However, I think the closer we approach a release date (in this case the
4.1 release), the more strict we have to be with reviews, because bugs
introduced then are less likely to be found before the final release.

Another possible solution would be employing a developer for one day per
month doing nothing but reviewing patches that are in the core list or
in the bugtracker ready to be committed. Depends on the Assoc to be
willing to do that of course.

cheers
Ingmar