[TYPO3-core] RFC: What to do if reviews are not made?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Feb 1 14:08:44 CET 2007

Hi!

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>> I would like to start a discussion about that. How do you think can we solve
>> this problem? Should we just let everyone commit directly? What about
>> keeping the good quality in this case?

No! No direct commits. However we can other people vote as well. For
example, I trust to several people from the community (line Ben from
netcreators) and there vote could be equivalent to core team member
vote. Also if everyone in bug tracker report says "it works!", it is a
good chance that it really works (however side effects can still appear,
example is a report about typolink ignoring domain bounds).

> As an experiment we could allow one review to suffice for a commit for a
> period of time and afterwards see how good or bad it went...

I do not really like the idea but many good fixes can easily get in...

> For some things I also quite like the 24h-no-objections -> commit style,
> which IMHO makes sense for patches concerning parts the specific
> developer knows most/much about (like Dmitry with workspaces, Oliver
> with IRRE, Masi with charset issues, me with mm relations, etc.).

24 hours is not much for Saturday evening or during snowboard tour :)
2-3 days is better.

> Another possible solution would be employing a developer for one day per
> month doing nothing but reviewing patches that are in the core list or
> in the bugtracker ready to be committed. Depends on the Assoc to be
> willing to do that of course.

Also good idea. Depending on the bug complexity, we could close many
bugs this way for a day.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/