[TYPO3-core] RFC: 0006967: File List: "Show Thumbnails" does not take precedence if user-setup option is used

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Mon Dec 17 00:25:16 CET 2007

Hey Masi,

no, I know your comment was not nit-picking. Sorry, I meant rather that
we have to discuss every change to death. I know comments and inputs are
very useful from the others and I very much respect your comments Masi
as you have VERY much knowledge and insight. But it's not that I
randomly like to remove options that are useful because I am bored.
Sometimes you have to make a trade-off (to get rid of something) to get
something back better at a later point of time. In this case, the
feature / checkbox didn't bother me but as it did not work as it should
be (not completely) I thought about having it removed so I can introduce
it with the new User Setup / User Options / User Task Center for 4.3.

I have a vision for these changes in my mind. Looks like I gotta make a
screen to show you what I want to accomplish, because before then every
change is such a pain for me as the explanation takes like 10 times as
much time as the change itself.

Sorry guys, but I am really tired of writing patches (on my sundays) or
writing or commiting for now.

Merry Christmas!
benni.
-SDG-