[TYPO3-core] RFC: 0006967: File List: "Show Thumbnails" does not take precedence if user-setup option is used

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Dec 16 18:35:47 CET 2007

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>  > The pref says "by default" and not "always".
> ok, let's think of it. If I'd remove "by default" and then we would have
> an option in the user setup that is called "Show thumbnails"
 >
> Anyway, enough talking. I understand your argument, but I'm tired of
> arguing about this nit-picking. Let's keep TYPO3 as it is.

If you're taking me an option away, I don't call this nitpcking. The
scenario I was talking about is really my habit, not of one hypothetical
user.

The renaming scenario (away with "by default") is not optimal, but ok
from a usability point of view. Fine with me even if I loose a
functionality :-(

But if you go this way, make sure you use a new label otherwise the
translation process will be broken. I'm not sure if the translators get
such subtle changes of meaning.

Masi