[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6924: t3lib_div::readLLXMLfile does not use localized content anymore

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Dec 12 18:05:25 CET 2007

Oliver Hader wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> Malte Jansen wrote:
>>> I have 'reseted' my test-installation to the problem.
>>> It's working fine.
>>>
>>> +1 by testing
>> I tested too and it works. But there is a problem with serialized files
>> as you mentioned. I tired to fix this for the case if language pack is
>> deleted or file in the extension is deleted. Attached is the patch. But
>> I think we should go futher and remove cached files completely when
>> translation is installed for extension. This is a bit an overhead but
>> better than fail to load languages in some cases.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> This only happens in this situation:
> * a valid file was in typo3conf/l10n and was also referenced in the
> cached file at typo3temp/llxml
> * the file was removed from typo3conf/l10n

Not only. Also if extension contains translation in a separate file and it is referenced from the main file and external file is removed from extension. This is is typical action if translation is moved from extension to language pack. This way translations become unavailable when you update extension!

> Does this happen: An ext-dev puts his localization into the official
> repository and removes it again later on? But fine with me to catch that
> situation.

It is not possible to remove anything from language pack. Once there, it stays forever.

> A negative side-effect:
> If there's no file in typo3conf/l10n and also no localized part in the
> extension's locallang.xml (e.g. not localized for a language at all),
> the cached file in typo3temp/llxml get removed and rewritten with the
> same content on each hit.
>
> So, I changed your patch a bit to store whether the file in
> typo3conf/l10n existed at the time that cached file was written. This
> prevents the side-effect mentioned above.

Ok, I'll check it tomorrow morning.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team