[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6924: t3lib_div::readLLXMLfile does not use localized content anymore

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Wed Dec 12 17:56:44 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Malte Jansen wrote:
>> I have 'reseted' my test-installation to the problem.
>> It's working fine.
>>
>> +1 by testing
>
> I tested too and it works. But there is a problem with serialized files
> as you mentioned. I tired to fix this for the case if language pack is
> deleted or file in the extension is deleted. Attached is the patch. But
> I think we should go futher and remove cached files completely when
> translation is installed for extension. This is a bit an overhead but
> better than fail to load languages in some cases.
>
> What do you think?

This only happens in this situation:
* a valid file was in typo3conf/l10n and was also referenced in the
cached file at typo3temp/llxml
* the file was removed from typo3conf/l10n

Does this happen: An ext-dev puts his localization into the official
repository and removes it again later on? But fine with me to catch that
situation.

A negative side-effect:
If there's no file in typo3conf/l10n and also no localized part in the
extension's locallang.xml (e.g. not localized for a language at all),
the cached file in typo3temp/llxml get removed and rewritten with the
same content on each hit.

So, I changed your patch a bit to store whether the file in
typo3conf/l10n existed at the time that cached file was written. This
prevents the side-effect mentioned above.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/