[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6888: Disabling some or all controls in "group" field

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Wed Dec 5 10:54:25 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

great, no... awesome stuff!

Two remarks:

* I'd rather use camelCase: "disableControls" instead of
"disable_controls" (there are zillions of places in the core where it's
always mixed, let's start and make it unified).

* We also need documentation for this. Please attach it here too

After that, you get my +1 after reading.

Thanks for taking care of this!

benni.
-SDG-

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6888
>
> Type: feature
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem: it is handy sometimes to disable certain controls for "group"
> field. One use case is to allow selecting records but not uploading
> them. Another is to show thumbnail only, not allowing to select or upload.
>
> Solution: intriduce new option for "group" fields named
> "disable_controls". It may accept a comma-separated combination of
> "list", "browser", "upload", which will disable corresponding control.
> "list" also disables "browser". There is no much sense in disabliing
> only list but a combination "list,upload" is useful.
>
> Notes:
> - I experimented with "enable_controls" first but that was not very
> convinient, so I had to switch to negative setting
> - This RFC is a better solution for RFC 6398 (enable param 'noBrowser'
> in TCA-config ['columns'][fieldname]['config'] / TYPE: "group")
> - attached screenshot, patch and a test extension. To see settings in
> action, go to Web>List and create a record of type "File controls test
> table"

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-