[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6888: Disabling some or all controls in "group" field

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Dec 5 10:33:28 CET 2007

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6888

Type: feature

Branches: trunk

Problem: it is handy sometimes to disable certain controls for "group" field. One use case is to allow selecting records but not uploading them. Another is to show thumbnail only, not allowing to select or upload.

Solution: intriduce new option for "group" fields named "disable_controls". It may accept a comma-separated combination of "list", "browser", "upload", which will disable corresponding control. "list" also disables "browser". There is no much sense in disabliing only list but a combination "list,upload" is useful.

Notes:
- I experimented with "enable_controls" first but that was not very convinient, so I had to switch to negative setting
- This RFC is a better solution for RFC 6398 (enable param 'noBrowser' in TCA-config ['columns'][fieldname]['config'] / TYPE: "group")
- attached screenshot, patch and a test extension. To see settings in action, go to Web>List and create a record of type "File controls test table"

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team