[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6784: new sysext fe_login

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Wed Dec 5 10:20:05 CET 2007

Hey Patrick,

don't worry, we already thought of this. Once this ext is in core, we
will write an email to all ext maintainers of all exts that are related
to this integration, and tell them to set their "dependency to < 4.2",
set the ext to obsolete or something similar.

As the others pointed out, this will be a TER issue in general...

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> I got a question already. Is this new extension fully compatible with
> newloginbox and if yes why not use the key newloginbox and then make it
> a sysext and available thru the dropdowm?
The ext is even better than the latest newloginbox release and replaces
the default login by default.

We also want to have an update wizard for people who use the old system
that they can migrate to the new one if they install the sysext. For new
installations we want to have the sysext installed by default (since the
old ext is installed by default too) and set the css_styled_content part
of the old login box to deprecated.

For people who use the newloginbox they still can use it but if they
want to switch to felogin, we don't provide an update wizard (at least
for now).

--
greetings,
benni.