[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6784: new sysext fe_login

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Dec 5 09:42:27 CET 2007

"Patrick Gaumond" <patrick at typo3quebec.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1196818784.7985.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>
>> Taking the login part of the newloginbox extension and refactoring that
>> into a new extension "felogin" to become a sysext is the clean and IMHO
>> best way to replace the old login box.
>
> I totally agree that Steffen work is great but there's a "but"...
>
> 1. The documentation of the popular (159 000 downloads!) newloginbox
> should state that from TYPO3 4.2, the loginbox was replaced and
> newloginbox from TER not necessary on new installation.
>
> 2. Someone must contact provider of all those "redirect" login extension
> so they mention that a new standard extension does the job if people want
> to go "the core way".
>
> 3. The documentation of the new sysext must clearly say that newloginbox
> is now replced by this one and will not be maintain in the future.
>
> I got a question already. Is this new extension fully compatible with
> newloginbox and if yes why not use the key newloginbox and then make it a
> sysext and available thru the dropdowm?
>
> I'm open to discuss this in DEVlist if needed. :)
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

the new login is replace of newlogin but without the user list (pi3). Stefan
Strasser (maintainer of newloginbox) will make a user list extension for
that feature.
The new login is php5 only (i made a php4 version for testing in BT).
All other things will be done if this extension comes a core extension.

vg  Steffen