[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6152: rtehtmlarea, offered AllowClipboard helper doesn't work with 2.0.0.x Firefox

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Aug 30 20:17:52 CEST 2007

Michael Stucki wrote: on 15.08.2007 11:16:

>> Problem:
>> When trying to copy some text from rtehtmlarea in Firefox, the browsers
>> security policy by default doesn't allow it. rtehtmlarea can trigger the
>> installation of a plugin which enables allowing this behaviour for
>> certain domains (e.g. TYPO3 backends).
>>
>> The current version offered by rtehtmlarea is 0.5.3, which works only
>> with Firefox until version 1.5.x. The "new" 0.5.5 also works with
>> Firefox 2.0.0.x.
>>
>> Reference:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6152
>
> Confirmed. There are two problems though:
>
> Problem 1:
> Changing this won't have any effect for everybody who once pressed "update"
> in the extension configuration, because they have saved the old URL by
> this.

True.

> Suggestion:
> - change the default value in ext_conf_template.txt from <URL> to ""
> - rename the setting name so it also affects installations that have already
>   stored the old value (e.g. mozAllowClipboardUrl => mozAllowClipboardURL)

Why do we need to change the default value then, if we rename the
setting? If we mean to "clean up" all old installations with the new URL
(I doubt that someone has changed it) we can just rename it so the new
one will be in effect as soon as the user upgrades. Or how would you
handle the upgrade? We would need to see if the old value is the "old
default" or if it is some "customized old". Should we handle this?

> Problem 2:
> The German translation of this label seems to be Latin1 while it should be
> UTF8-encoded (I assume that's not a special behaviour of my local
> installation but rather affects all Firefoxes).

It does affect all installations I have seen, yes.

> Solution is to replace the XPI URL with my attached version of this file.
> The only difference is that I've changed the label inside the jar-File.
>
> You can either send the fixed XPI to the Mozilla Folks or upload it
> somewhere on TYPO3.org (which seems easier to me).

Have you placed it there somewhere? I have no access.

Cheers,
Ernesto