[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6152: rtehtmlarea, offered AllowClipboard helper doesn't work with 2.0.0.x Firefox

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Aug 15 11:16:58 CEST 2007

Hi Ernesto,

> Problem:
> When trying to copy some text from rtehtmlarea in Firefox, the browsers
> security policy by default doesn't allow it. rtehtmlarea can trigger the
> installation of a plugin which enables allowing this behaviour for
> certain domains (e.g. TYPO3 backends).
>
> The current version offered by rtehtmlarea is 0.5.3, which works only
> with Firefox until version 1.5.x. The "new" 0.5.5 also works with
> Firefox 2.0.0.x.
>
> Reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6152

Confirmed. There are two problems though:

Problem 1:
Changing this won't have any effect for everybody who once pressed "update"
in the extension configuration, because they have saved the old URL by
this.

Suggestion:
- change the default value in ext_conf_template.txt from <URL> to ""
- rename the setting name so it also affects installations that have already
  stored the old value (e.g. mozAllowClipboardUrl => mozAllowClipboardURL)

Problem 2:
The German translation of this label seems to be Latin1 while it should be
UTF8-encoded (I assume that's not a special behaviour of my local
installation but rather affects all Firefoxes).

Solution is to replace the XPI URL with my attached version of this file.
The only difference is that I've changed the label inside the jar-File.

You can either send the fixed XPI to the Mozilla Folks or upload it
somewhere on TYPO3.org (which seems easier to me).

See attached screenshots.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out