[TYPO3-core] RFC: a hook in TCEforms to complement hook in TCEmain

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Aug 30 15:49:39 CEST 2007

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I was more expressing a general dislike. The new hook makes probably
> sense within the current architecture.

Yes...

> OTOH, I'd like to see 'eval' to be deprecated in favour of the new
> properties 'required', 'inputTransformation' (FORM->DB),
> 'outputTransformation' (DB->FORM), 'validation' and maybe
> 'inputValidation'.

Yes but this will complicate forms in extensions. Currently developers
just say "I want it to be integer from 10 to 100" and it is there.

May be evaluations should not be built-in but provided as separate
classes. This way we need not to have hooks, they all will be loaded
dynamically and any field can be altered if necessary.

And, as you pointed, we should have validation as separate thing.
Currently "date" is really evaluation while "int(10-100)" is validation.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/