[TYPO3-core] RFC: a hook in TCEforms to complement hook in TCEmain

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Aug 30 15:41:50 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> You point out what I think is one major flaw in the concept. It mixes
>> up validations and transformations.
>
> Well, what do you propose?

I was more expressing a general dislike. The new hook makes probably sense
within the current architecture.

OTOH, I'd like to see 'eval' to be deprecated in favour of the new
properties 'required', 'inputTransformation' (FORM->DB),
'outputTransformation' (DB->FORM), 'validation' and maybe 'inputValidation'.

The difference between 'validation' and 'inputValidation' and is that the
former operates on the internal (raw) representation (ie after the
inputTransformation has been applied) and the latter operates on the user
input (which may be language/locale/setting dependent!).

Masi