[TYPO3-core] Reminder: 0001822: There is no API to list tables in theWeb->Page module

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Aug 18 11:36:38 CEST 2007

Hello Oliver,

>> This is a reminder.
>> Trunk and 4.2
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1822
>> This patch will provide a much bigger API to the Page modul than it is
>> now. Every table can be listed and menu entries can be added and adapted
>> as wanted.

> It seems that this RFC is pretty old and was first discussed on this
> list in 2005. I read the notes in the bugtracker and old discussion in
> here. There is already a method to integrate any table in the Web>Page
> module by using:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['cms']['db_layout']['addTables'][<table>]

Yes, this patch is an enhancement to the former API.

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['cms']['db_layout']['addTables'][<table>] =
	array (
		'default' => array(
			'MENU' => 'LLL:EXT:<extensionkey>/locallang.xml:m_default',
			'fList' =>  'title,itemnumber,price,image',
			'icon' => TRUE
		),

Formerly you could only add one display to a table. But this is very bad if
you have many fields. With the tt_... extensions you also had a select box
to change between different displays for a table. With this patch this will
be possible. And formerly you could not change the select box entries for
the tt_... extensions. This will be possible now. And another advantage: You
could remove the hard coded parts in the code for the tt_... extensions.
Just add all the API entries into these tt_ ... extensions and the hardcoded
tt_... specific things in TYPO3 would not be needed any more.

Conclusion:
The old API will still work. The API has been enhanced with the select boxes
for every extension and to replace the hard coded select boxes for the
tt_... extensions.

> Could you please point out what exactly the new features of RFC 1822 are
> and give additionally an example. Furthermore please add the
> documentation changes for this RFC also to the TYPO3 Wiki at:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Pending_Documentation

Done. You are invited to improve the text there, it is a wiki :-).

 - Franz