[TYPO3-core] Reminder: 0001822: There is no API to list tables in theWeb->Page module

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sat Aug 18 10:46:45 CEST 2007

Hi Franz,

Franz Holzinger schrieb:

> This is a reminder.
> Trunk and 4.2
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1822
> This patch will provide a much bigger API to the Page modul than it is
> now. Every table can be listed and menu entries can be added and adapted
> as wanted.
> There are already some extension authors which consider this feature
> useful and tested it successfully since more than 1 year. This can be
> used with every extension and not only the tt_... ones.
> See the attached images about the improvements.
> - Franz

It seems that this RFC is pretty old and was first discussed on this
list in 2005. I read the notes in the bugtracker and old discussion in
here. There is already a method to integrate any table in the Web>Page
module by using:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['cms']['db_layout']['addTables'][<table>]

Could you please point out what exactly the new features of RFC 1822 are
and give additionally an example. Furthermore please add the
documentation changes for this RFC also to the TYPO3 Wiki at:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Pending_Documentation

Thanks in advance!

olly
--