[TYPO3-core] RFC: Various admin panel improvements

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Aug 11 00:25:58 CEST 2007

Hi Masi,

>>> I'd like to use a fixed px font size as em will shrink if you zoom using
>>> certain browser's functions.
>>> em is also dependend on the parent containers font size IIRR.
>>
>> I disagree, as you might want to zoom in/out the admin panel as well.
>> Why should it be fixed size?
>
> If it's fixed it should at least be configurable in a way. Would a CSS
> rule with !important work?

Works nicely using this simple CSS line:

.typo3-adminPanel * { font-size: 20px !important; }

>> And the admin panel is added after the closing </html>, so there are no
>> "parent containers" anymore. And it is not even valid XHTML anymore,
>> which I mentioned as a bug some years ago, but noone seemed interested
>> in having the position of the admin panel configurable (as a template
>> marker). See http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1323
>
> Why not simply use "preg_replace('/</html>$',$thePanel,$content)" or the
> even more simpler "$content = substr($content,-7).$thePanel"? But hey,
> why don't you write a patch for it?

Won't work because all content has already been sent at this time!

Plus, you cannot move the execution of $BE_USER->extPrintFeAdminDialog()
because the timetracker is not finished unless all content (of course,
except the adminPanel) has been echo'ed.

It would probably work using output_buffering, but is this worth the effort?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out