[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #5088: cache is not saved properly because of charset conflict in the database

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Apr 3 11:33:00 CEST 2007

Hi.

On 02.04.2007, at 00:51, Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> A migration wizard for charset conversion would be a good thing for
> TYPO3 4.2, which we should IMHO ship with UTF-8 by default anyway. But
> we can discuss that on T3DD.

Robert wrote such a wizard, and I have used it a few times. It works
fine, does what it needs to do and some things more, even. The only
question is, if Robert can release this, as there is some agreement
behind this. We should try to clear this up during T3DD.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns