[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #5088: cache is not saved properly because of charset conflict in the database

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Apr 2 00:51:28 CEST 2007

Hi guys,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> I was also supporting this idea - but I was also not aware of this problem
> in this - pretty special - environment. Anyway, since there is no charset
> handling in sys_template, we should fix this quickly:
>
> 1) Change the field back to mediumblob
> 2) Add a migration wizard (not only for sys_template)

+1 for changing the field back to mediumblob.

IMHO there's no big disadvantage in doing that, and if it fixes the
problem, that's fine.

A migration wizard for charset conversion would be a good thing for
TYPO3 4.2, which we should IMHO ship with UTF-8 by default anyway. But
we can discuss that on T3DD.

cheers
Ingmar