[TYPO3-core] RFC: Orphaned record display in Localization View

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Sep 2 23:04:09 CEST 2006

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
> Hya,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Problem:
> When working in the List module, and having switched on "Localization
> View", you can see how translated records belong to the "original
> language" versions.
> If a user deletes now a record in the original language when the
> translation still exists, this leads to some inconsistency. You can see
> this if opening the "orphaned" translated record, and you'll see that
> the "Transl. Orig" field shows "INVALID VALUE".
> It would be nice to see these orphaned records in the list view as well.

Yes, but the patch has several problems.

1a)

if(!count($listOfLocalisedRecords)) // prevent an empty NOT IN () clause
   $alreadyShownRecords[] = -1;

I cannot find any other reference of $listOfLocalisedRecords. DO you
mean $alreadyShownRecords?

1b)

There are brackets missing around the if!!!!

1c)

In your code $alreadyShownRecords is exactly the same as $currentIdList
after my fix 'Web>List feature "edit marked" doesn't work with localized
record'.

2)

It does not work when there is no other (non-deleted) record in the
default language.

Reproduce: create record in def. lang. translate it. Now delete the def.
lang. record. Now even with the patch no translated record is to be seen
in localization mode. No create another record in def. lang. Tadah, the
localized record appears (with the warning).

3)

The code does not check why the original record is missing. It may be
deleted, not be available in the current workspace or simply be in
another folder.

4)

It's not intended for 4.0.x. The current behaviour is certainly a bug,
so it should go into 4.0.x.

Masi