[TYPO3-core] formatting options of TCA type "none"

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Oct 31 13:14:47 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

> For 4.0 I have added formatting options. I have noticed two things: the
> docs are missing in the online reference and the options could have been
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> named better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this just proves what I wrote
yesterday: I can see that you committed this change on January 28, but
there is no email about that. Consequently the documentation is missing.

> As the docs are missing I suggest we change the options as probably noone
> ever knows abot them. I want to change the key 'format.' which only works
> nice for TS to 'formatOptions' which is proper for TCA.

OK.

> Additionally I propose the following changes:
>
> * render time/date only for values greater than zero

I agree with Karsten, please don't do that.

> * change 'args' to 'params' for 'userFunc'
> * change 'format.'=>'option' to 'formatOptions'=>'format' (date and
> number)
>
> Docs follow.

Sorry. No review and no approval without documentation. I realize we need to
stick to this rule.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out