[TYPO3-core] RFC: compact xml2array output

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Oct 17 15:06:48 CEST 2006

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Branch: 4.0 and trunk

Bug reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4358

Problem: t3lib_div::xml2array() adds spaces or tabs to generated xml.
Sometimes it is good but mostly just takes space without real need. It
would be good if this space can be eliminated with a custom option.

Solution: if $spaceInd parameter is negative, do not add space/NL
characters. This is compatible with all old applications and does not
change behavior of any of them.

This can save a lot of space for templavoila-based sites as well as for
plugins with flexform configuration (less than for TV of course).

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs