[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 registration

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Nov 30 10:58:08 CET 2006

Hi!

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> - Add an image reference in the backend to an external image at
> http://logo.typo3.org or so; This will offer referrer statistics from
> which we can deduct domains of running sites and some idea about
> distribution etc.

This will not work if you have more than one site in a single tree,
which is quite common.

> - Or add an image reference like
> http://stats.typo3.org/image.php?extensions=[list of
> extensions]&version=4.0.1; This will offer knowledge about installed
> extensions and TYPO3 versions in addition.

That will definitely cause privacy complains even thougu it is a good to
have. :(

> - Make an Ajax call to http://stats.typo3.org/image.php?extensions=[list
> of extensions]&version=4.0.1 (like above) which returns message if there
> are security issues or any news related to the extensions / T3 version.
> That will be shown to Admins in the backend.

Sounds interesting!

> - Make a registration form like "Register now | Register later | Never
> register | Update registration" in the Install Tool. This would submit
> extensions, version, domain records etc (possible with option to exclude
> some info).

We have a thing called "Installation ID" there. It is marked as "not yet
in use". May be, reuse it with registration? But registration could be a
part of 1-2-3 setup.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/