[TYPO3-core] SVN F#%&up

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Nov 29 17:31:46 CET 2006

Hi Folks,

Revision 1820 to 1834 in the TYPO3core is a lot of desparate
deletions I did of files in the gfx/ folder and scriptaculous folder.
They should all be reverted. Here is the story:

I did this, because my eclipse on the Mac consistently failed
checking out the core, choking over some of these files, however not
the same file all the time. To me it looked like a problem with the
files in this folder. Since those folders are almost never updated I
decided to delete files from them until eclipse would check out the
whole core and then I would add them again by reveting.

Unfortunately eclipse decided that gfx/ was not the only place it
found problems, so I have given up on this attempt. And I'm left with
no way to revert it since I have no working checkout of the core!!

Now, why would I think this is a SVN problem and not a client
problem? Well, mostly because my eclipse actually does checkout
nicely all sorts of extensions and also large parts of the core
without problem. But it chokes over seemingly random files and cases
that should not be special. Error messages doesn't leave me much
help. All searching on the web leaves answers like "Well, it works
here" and no one else with a Mac seems to have the problem. Nobody
can help, the errors are not clear and I'm incredibly confused that I
cannot access my own core!

At this point I am obviously very frustrated and it might very well
be all my fault but until someone can clearly explain why its my
fault it is SVNs fault which means SVN is unreliable and wasting my
time with weird games and we should go back to CVS as soon as possible.

In the short term I would like to ask Andreas or stucki to revert my
changes (I assume this is very easy with something good as SVN) and
let me know when done, then I will check if all is exactly as when I
left it.

In the long term I need help with Eclipse on my mac to get this
working and if no one can give it, I want CVS back.

- kasper
kasper2006 at typo3.com | +45 20 999 115 | skype: kasperskaarhoej |
gizmo: kasper_typo3

	"Peace be with you till we meet again