[TYPO3-core] t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue hook fixes

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Nov 13 10:00:33 CET 2006

> Is there a special reason why all paramaters are passed as references?
> I'm all for references when passing object, arrays and huge strings but
> here it simply doesn't look in sync with comparable existing code.

The reason behind this is: To make them modifiable out of the hook. If you
want to change any of the values from your hook method you can do this now.

Another thing is that as last parameter the $this value is passed - I do not
know who introduced this hook - but the probably didn't take in the fact that
t3lib_BEfunc is never(?) called as object but only directly using the scope
(::) operator ... I checked to what $this is set in the hook and it seems as it
is set to the object/method which called t3li_BEfunc::processValues ...

I do not need all of the parameters to be modifieable (in fact I only need the
$fixed_lgd_chars and $value modifieable - but who knows which other possibilites
passing all params as reference will give - why should you close doors when you
do not need to ?

Is there any objection in passing the parameters as reference ?

>>Values of additional column in the list module get ALWAYS passed through
>>htmlspecialchars. there is currently no way to inhibit this.
>

> Aha, too bad. The code in the patch looks fine. I guess that the
> function is called linkUrlMail() for historic reasons, isn't it?

I guess - I have to say that I didn't exactly look into linkUrlMail - I guess
it just substitutes mail-link ? :)

>>Of course we have to add this option to T3-Core-Api doc ... i will write
>>a text if the patch get's accepted.
>

> Michael won't like this.

Why is this a problem ?

greets,