[TYPO3-core] Bug #2994 and the update wizard

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Mar 29 14:34:50 CEST 2006

Hi!

BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2994

An improvement in 4.0 causes now a problem for PHP4. SYS[t3lib_cs_utils] allowed regarding to the docs the value "iconv". But this was bogus until TYPO3 4.0. "iconv" is now allowed but *only* for PHP5.

I don't want to add a PHP5 check to t3lib_cs. Is it possible to check the PHP version either in the installer or in the upgrade wizard? I'd like to add either a warning or an auto-disable.

Dream: show only the options that make sense. Basically some select-box filling function like we have for the TCA is needed.

Masi

PS: In config_default.php are some lines that modify the config array. Some options are overridden by others. It'd be great if these options were disabled (greyed) in the installer.

PPS: We could move from config_default.php to config.xml. The real config will then be stored in typo3conf as a cached file (serialized array).