[TYPO3-core] Bug for Kasper in sys_refindex table

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Mar 29 10:16:33 CEST 2006

This setting is solely an install tool thing. Another problem is that
I use varchar(32) for hashes in those tables - which of course does
not need to scale by this factor.

I'm a little unsure what to do, but for sys_refindex it has to be
indexed that field - otherwise queries looking up on that fields
value will be incredibly slow since the table will be large!

So maybe we need to make the install tool intelligent so if a field
is varchar and appears to be a key then it will not be made into a
text field but set to varchar(255) at most.

Here, I'm a database amateur, hope someone can assist.

(Also, that whole multiplication thingy shouldn't be necessary if
MySQL is set to run with UTF-8 - yet, again something I have no
experience with doing/trying.)

Dmitry.... we need you!

  - kasper

On Mar 29, 2006, at 10:02 , Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Michael Stucki <mstucki at snowflake.ch> writes on
> Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:51:34 +0200 (METDST):
>
>> Hi Kasper,
>>
>> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[SYS][multiplyDBfieldSize]=2
>

> Is this variable affected by TCA? Perhaps we can add some info
> there. Or we add some confing info to exempt some fields from
> resizing.
>
> Masi

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"