[TYPO3-core] About table types

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Mar 28 20:40:35 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Kasper, what do you think about small "optimization" subproject for 4.5?

Yes, please. Maybe already targeted for 5.0 though...

While I agree with Bernhard, that 'correctness' of code should be a
TYPO3 design goal (so +1 for fixing pow() for 4.x), the main resource
hog is the DB.

IHMO TYPO3 does far too much DB calling even when serving 'static'
pages. The whole FE user stack is called with *every* page request, no
matter if you use it or not. Also, I remember templates being parsed too
often, but I have no real clue about that...

An optimization project probably wouldn't be small, but useful nonetheless.

Cheers,
Michael