[TYPO3-core] EM: Status about language pack download?

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Mar 24 16:18:34 CET 2006

Hi Rupert.

On Friday 24 March 2006 14:45, rupert germann wrote:
> some errors:

We'll take care of those (now|soon|today), Robert is already at it. Just a
note on two particular ones:

> when clicking "update" or "check status" I get many debug messages saying:
> String (36) 	*variable*	SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing

Huh, nice one. typo3.org was *always* returning something, so it fetched the
homepage and tried to parse it. Duh. I made typo3conf, typo3temp and
fileadmin return 404 now if something is not found. Nice, eh? So this is
fixed.

> if I choose the claustal mirror without having selected a language I get
> many: Warning:
> file_get_contents(http://ter.rz.tu-clausthal.de/ter/c/m/cms-l10n/cms-l10n.x
>ml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request
> failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

This needs to be fixed in getURL (ideas?). We can only check if it's there by
trying to fetch it... so the 404 is a good thing in this case (see above).

> enough for now? ;-)

Yes, thanks. :)

> and yes, I use PHP 5 (5.1.2)

Me too...