[TYPO3-core] RFC: MM_foreign_select

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sat Mar 18 20:31:42 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:54:13 +0100 (MET):

> Hi Bernhard,
>

> >> Stucki will enforce these rules in the future.
> >
> > Does this mean I can commit the fix which is still outstanding for
> > the changed GIFBUILDER code without any +1 ?
>
> No, but it means that you should send reminders more often!

To be honest, I've been digging into the stdGraphics code myself a long time ago to find a way to have multi-colour JPEGs. The code was not easy to read, there are many, many switches that reflect the state of the art (in ImageMagick) when they have been added. Consequently to me the code is a mess.

So I'm really glad Bernhard is working on it. But I'm not qualified to comment on the code by just reading it. The subject is just too complex. And testing isn't easy either. A complete test rig involves many instances of ImageMagick and a large number of TS-code for the test images.

I believe that this patch is beyond or nice little review process.

Masi