[TYPO3-core] RFC: Templavoila + Core fixes

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Mar 15 11:48:32 CET 2006

> Let me give one remark in advance: What the discussion and your
> document
> should tell us is that this is all too complex for what an average
> site
> developer can handle. When we now discuss introducing another
> TSconfig option
> which enables yet another special use case, I have a bad feeling
> about it -
> without having thought about what nice effects it could have.

I think we should do it in this case.
The complexity is here already, we can't avoid it and now it has even
been documented for everyone to become his own expert.

What we should do is to make a few cases that describes popular ways
to make it work and of course a best-practice suggestion.

> I still have the urge to find a simple formula which describes at
> least the
> 90% best practice usage in two sentences. But maybe it's not
> possible to
> simplify such a complex topic.

This is exactly why I discourage the use of Inheritance and Separate
modes - because it adds unnecessary complexity (I claim).

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"