[TYPO3-core] RFC: Templavoila + Core fixes

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Mar 15 09:29:35 CET 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 8:32 , Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Kasper Sk?rh?j wrote:
>> (My recommendation:)
>> <field_content_right>
>> 	<vDEF>23</vDEF>
>> 	<vEN></vEN>
>> 	<vDK></vDK>
>> </field_content_right>
>> + translOriginalPointer of 55 and 84 = 23
>> (sys_language_uid of 55 and 84 points to their language of course)
>
> This way TV needs to do extra queries to the database if language
> is not
> default to find elements. In Robert's code element UIDs are obtained
> directly from XML. I like his solution (below) much more.

Well, this _is_ how localization is meant to work on a core level,
whether you like it or not. There are further advantages as I pointed
out to Bernhard; like you can overlay fields. And technically this is
most consistent. I think make a few extra SQL questions on top of the
hundreds already done on a page is insignificant.

Bottomline: I will never recommend the other approach in the guide
but I'm not opposed to presenting it as an alternative way of
thinking. I just think both you and bernhard are having years of
experience with localization against you to see the blessings of my
recommendation. But I could be equally wrong of course.

I think we are currently at a point where a TSconfig option must
switch on the paradigm in TV page module that bernhard and you likes
best. This way we can all have what we like. And then we can add a
chapter to the localization guide.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"