[TYPO3-core] RFC: Templavoila + Core fixes

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Mar 15 02:02:18 CET 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> I was just inspired to another visualization, forgive me:
>

> This is what you suggest (Inheritance for a container ):
> lDEF / Container / vDEF => 123
> lDEF / Container / vDA => 453
> lDEF / Container / vDE => 678

of course and translOriginal of 453 and 678 set to 123.

> Bottomline:
> - I think that if you want to place localized records in different
> vDEF/vDA/vDE then these elements must be understood as independent
> records with independant content: localizations, not translations.
> - If you wish to provide translations you should use not use vDEF/vDA/
> vDE, but only vDEF and then use the localization relations to select
> the correct record for display.
> - Finally; There is an aspect of taste involved and I don't mind if
> others wants to use a variant as long as it is technically sound.

Hmm ... I always tought of it to use lDEF/lDA/lETC if you want to have independent
records ... as then they are not really "linked" together.
When one uses vDEF,vDA all references for all languages are together in one single
XML tag/part, or php-subarray (however you see it) without data from any other fields.

I think the traditional way of localization should get used for getting a linkage between
the CE's (so you know which CE in german is the translation of which CE in the default language)
but still the order of elements should get derived from their order in the flexform-field.

And this is the reason for my following tought.

> (Correct) Insert the default element (123) and localize it (453 and
> 678 not referenced from CE but rather pointing to 123 as their original)
> lDEF / Container / vDEF => 123
>                                                   \ - Localization
> (sys_language=DK, transl. original=123) => 453 **
>                                                   \ - Localization
> (sys_language=DK, transl. original=123) => 678 **

> (My recommendation:)
> <field_content_right>
> 	<vDEF>23</vDEF>
> 	<vEN></vEN>
> 	<vDK></vDK>
> </field_content_right>
> + translOriginalPointer of 55 and 84 = 23
> (sys_language_uid of 55 and 84 points to their language of course)

For this to work quite a bit of how TV renders pages in the BE has to get
changed.

I mean if the 55 and 84 with translOriginalPointer set to 23 are not inserted
into vEN and vDK then they will not get displayed in the page-module CE areas.

> (The alternative which will work and is OK but will not have a
> semantic binding between localization):
> <field_content_right>
> 	<vDEF>23</vDEF>
> 	<vEN>55</vEN>
> 	<vDK>84</vDK>
> </field_content_right>
> + translOriginalPointer of 55 and 84 = 0
> (sys_language_uid of 55 and 84 points to their language of course)

Using this way it will.

I think we should not change the way that TV displays only those elements which get listed
in a fields final vWHATEVER tag ... no mattter if lWHATEVER vDEF or lDEF vWHATEVER.

but I think I am also a little bit wrong cause when you do it like you and have langDisable = 1
then there will be no other language versions of the page available and I will have the possiblity
to click on the "flag" icon of a translated (not localized) record.

Using your method you get some kind of hard-binding whilst using roberts way you get some kind
of soft-linkage where not each localized (rather than translated) CE must be in the same place
(in meaning of sorting order).

In both methods CE's only for one specific language can get created. I don't think TV respects the
defLangBinding = 1 variable currently. If it would it would be possibe to create a page bound 1:1
to the default language like it is possible with MTB.

Or is this already possible using your method ?

I set up another demo on my server with rc1 as source and TV from todays t3xdev ....
http://think-open.org/kraftb/demo2/

User: core / testing

Change whatever you want. the DS/TO are in the so named folder ...
if you like to change TS do this best in one of the templates in the TS folder ...

There is no language menu currently so you will have to add the &L=1/2 variable manually to
the URL ...
but the TS-language switch is there ...

greets,
Bernhard
- --
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919