[TYPO3-core] RFC: Templavoila feature

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Mar 14 18:13:06 CET 2006

Great Bernhard,

Let me just underline that I never intended to imply that you are
using it wrong or don't know what you are doing. I don't think Dmitry
actually wanted to say that either. However, after talking to Dmitry
and Robert - and encountering your opinion on the current state - it
is clear that even a group of very skilled TYPO3 developers all
having successfully localized websites doesn't quite agree on how it
should be done. This is what we will peacefully sort out now.

I'm therefore happy that you will read my document because then you
can maybe tell me how you would have done it differently!

Eventually, I think it should be possible to have full backwards
compatibility with existing sites, maybe with a re-configuration here
and there in some cases.

Make sure to update your TV to most recent and test!

> I will now study your localization guideline and I should notice
> that I did not revert to
> the old method of Robert but rather let the "true" localization get
> handled by tce_db.php
> but the insertion into the flexform by TV.

The point (which should be clear from the localization guide) is that
after using the "localize" command in tcemain it's done; the element
should _not_ be inserted into the flexform by TV!

Let me know when you have read the guide.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"