[TYPO3-core] Usage of mb_* functions in the core (especially in rtehtmlarea)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 14 14:50:47 CET 2006

Hi folks,

I noticed that rtehtmlarea often uses multibyte (mb_*) functions when
performing string operations.

The problem with that is that mb_* functions are not available on all systems,
therefore t3lib_cs should be used which acts as a wrapper for any charset
related stuff (which makes it possible to use a alternatives to the mb_*
functions).

Question: Do we have a rule for their usage? If not, I think this should be
added to the coding guidelines.

- michael