[TYPO3-core] OT: Re: RFC: feature #2743

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sun Mar 12 14:54:09 CET 2006

Wolfgang Klinger <wolfgang at stufenlos.net> writes on
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:08:17 +0100 (MET):

> *hiya!*
>
> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Martin Kutschker wrote the following:
>
> > Makes sense, though I would have used a "break" instead of the
> > exit-variable.
>
> I had a traditional programming education and at this time 'break',
> 'exit', 'goto' and such were forbidden and that's why I still avoid
> using them.

Of course this is style and a matter of tase. I do not recommend "goto", but to me a "break" whithin a loop is more readable than an exit-variable.

Just a comment to see if we have soem guidleines on this issue. The patch is fine as it is.

> (I sometimes make a compromise though),

I think we all here have to compromise to code within the TYPO3 coding guidlines. All those tabs I don't like ;-)

> I would also prefer variable names to be all lowercase and words
> separated by underscore instead of mixed case (I would use that only
> for class names), but ok.

But caps and underscores or ok (though I prefer caps), but I really dislike a mixed form (mostly seen in TS config variable names). But waht I really dislike is that there is no common style for those TS variables.

Masi